+1 800 626 7708
+49 9144 6010
+49 9144 6816 (fax)
+44 1382 56 1511
+44 1382 56 1007 (fax)
+39 045 6209 209
+39 045 6209 165 (fax)
+33 1 5695 6565
+33 1 5695 6401 (fax)
+34 93 480 6900
+34 93 373 7850 (fax)
+46 31 7067800
+46 31 864226 (fax)
+86 10 5707 4999
+86 10 5707 4900 (fax)
+86 21 5172 8299
+86 21 6247 9199 (fax)
+86 755 8359 8262
+86 755 8359 1654 (fax)
+82 2 393 3411
+82 2 393 1285 (fax)
+81 3 6746 2582
+81 3 6746 2571 (fax)
HASSLE-FREE INSTALLATION & DURABLE PROTECTION.
Data Sheets, 95.29 KB
With many decades of unrivaled experience, W. L. Gore & Associates provides some of the highest-quality solutions available today in the modern aviation industry. Among them are GORE Cable Protection Systems for Aircraft. Comprised of crush- and abrasion-resistant materials, they are durable enough to withstand harsh flight conditions, such as fluctuating temperatures and severe vibration, and tolerate complicated routing in cramped electrical systems.
SUPERIOR LEVELS OF PROTECTION
Military OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) and system suppliers now demand better protection for cables connected to avionics. But, they also want cables packaged in thinner, lighter materials to save valuable weight in aircraft.
Engineered with extremely durable materials resistant to crushing and abrasion, GORE Cable Protection Systems provide some of the highest levels of protection available in the aviation industry. We designed them for packaging GORE Aerospace High Speed Data Cables or industry alternatives.
Our cable jacket systems are durable enough to tolerate aircraft conditions, like complicated routing in cramped electrical systems, corrosive chemicals and harsh fuels and oils. They also defend against demanding airborne environments, like extreme temperatures and constant vibration.
During installation in cable runs and sharp edges in aircraft, our cable jacket systems allow high-speed copper wires and fiber optics to float freely without getting damaged or failing. They’re also highly flexible, offering tighter bend capability without exceeding the minimum bend radius compared to alternative designs.
These thinner, lighter jacket systems also contribute to weight savings and lend space for other vital systems in military aircraft. Overall, installers will find it much easier and faster to route wires and fiber wrapped in our jacket systems without over-bending or breaking them in tight configurations.
When you want high data rate copper wires and fiber optics that are routable and fit for missions, package them with GORE Cable Protection Systems for ultimate protection, hassle-free installation, weight savings and less maintenance.
Features & Benefits
GORE Cable Protection Systems are engineered with unique features that make them more durable against challenging environmental factors and aircraft conditions, including:
- abrasion-resistant, crush-resistant and chemically inert materials
- thinner, lighter weight jacket design
- maximum flexibility with tighter bending capability
Our jacket systems provide aircraft system architects and engineers with many benefits that improve electrical, mechanical and environmental performance such as:
- superior levels of durability and protection than alternative designs
- resist crushing, abrasion, and other harsh aircraft and environmental conditions
- allow copper and fiber to move freely within the jacket system without damage or failure
- hassle-free routing from high flexibility and tighter bending without exceeding MBR
- thinner, lighter jacket design saves valuable weight in aircraft
- designed for packaging GORE Aerospace High Speed Data Cables or industry alternatives
- compatible with M85049/88 connector backshells, adaptors and similar banding platform backshells
For more information about the features and benefits of our cable protection systems, contact a Gore representative today.
These values demonstrate the mechanical and environmental performance of GORE Cable Protection Systems for defense aircraft.
|Mechanical / Environmental Property||Value|
|Jacket Material||Expanded PTFE / PTFE|
|Jacket Color||Black with Violet Stripes|
|Temperature Range °C||-65 to +260|
Part Numbers & Drawings
We invite you to download our drawings to view cable jacket characteristics, like diameter sizes, weight and minimum bend radii.
GORE Cable Protection Systems for Defense Aircraft have undergone substantial qualification testing to ensure they meet the most current industry standards and our customers’ requirements.
- ABD0031 (AITM 2.0005); BSS7230; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part I: Flammability
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0005); BSS7239: Toxicity
- ABD0031 (AITM 3.0008B); BSS7238; FAR Part 25, Appendix F, Part V: Smoke Density
- SAE AS81914™/1-6: Plastic Convoluted Tubing Requirements
For more information about the qualifications of our cable protection systems, contact a Gore representative today.
LEARN MORE ABOUT GORE CABLE PROTECTION SYSTEMS OR ORDER NOW
Our durable jacket systems meet aircraft OEM and system supplier demands for higher levels of protection for high speed copper wires and fiber optics. Available in standard sizes, our jacket systems can be purchased from Gore’s trusted distributors. To find out more or discuss your specific application needs, contact a Gore representative for defense aircraft today.
We also invite you to view Termination Instructions for our cable protection systems with M85049/88 connector backshells and adapters, as well as backshells with a similar banding platform.
Posted November 5, 2021
W. L. Gore & Associates (Gore) announced today that its GORE® High Performance Aerospace Wires, GWN3000 Series, were recognized among the 2021 Military & Aerospace Electronics Technology Innovators Awards. An independent panel of esteemed judges from the aerospace and defense community recognized Gore as a gold honoree for the second consecutive year. The company’s PHASEFLEX® Microwave/RF Test Assemblies were recognized in 2020.
Posted October 15, 2020
W. L. Gore & Associates announced today a new solution that meets higher voltages as the trend continues towards aircraft electrification to reduce the impact of air transport on our environment. GORE® High Performance Aerospace Wires, GWN3000 Series, deliver the best combination of superior mechanical strength and outstanding electrical reliability without increasing wire bundle size or weight.
October 17, 2019 - October 18, 2019
Learn more about GORE® Space Cables and Assemblies engineered for the future of the space industry. Also, listen to our expert speak at the show on Thursday, October 17 at 11:00 am CEST.
Posted October 8, 2019
Gore will be showcasing a new portfolio of qualified GORE® Space Cables and Assemblies at the 2019 NewSpace Show in Monaco on October 17-18.
FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
Not for use in food, drug, cosmetic or medical device manufacturing, processing, or packaging operations.
Cables & Cable Assemblies
- Ethernet Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Shielded Twisted Pair Cables for Defense Aircraft
- CAN Bus Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Quad Cables (Specialty Versions) for Defense Aircraft
- FireWire® Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Fibre Channel Cables for Defense Aircraft
- USB Cables for Defense Aircraft
- HDMI Cables for Defense Aircraft
- DVI Cables (Digital Only) for Defense Aircraft
- Fiber Optic Cables for Defense Aircraft
- Abrasion Resistant Cable Jacket for Defense Aircraft
- High Performance Aerospace Wires for Defense Aircraft
- MIL-STD-1760 Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- GORE-FLIGHT® Microwave Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies for Defense Aircraft
- Microwave/RF Assemblies, 7 Series for Defense Aircraft
- PHASEFLEX® Microwave/RF Test Assemblies for Defense Aircraft